Curve Balls by Andie M. Long


Release Date: 03.31.2017



Synopsis:

The much loved Turner family and friends are back in another hilarious novella.


Tyler Turner has had the shock of his life. Is he really ready to be a fully-fledged adult with responsibilities?

Dylan’s had enough of Cam’s business taking over their life together and gives her an ultimatum. With the two at loggerheads, Dora does her usual meddling to get them to see sense.

Beth and Leo are keeping their own secrets, but how long before at least one becomes obvious?

Dora’s period is late, and she’s found out she’s going to be a grandmother. In true Dora style, she runs away. This time on a pre-booked mini-break to Liverpool with her sister.

Life is throwing Curve Balls at the Turner Family and friends.

Review:


Curve Balls,like the previous novellas in this series,was a short funny read...maybe I should stop to devour them so quickly because I always felt sad to say goodbye to these characters.

It was a pleasure for me to meet again the Turner family and their friends.

The story was told through the POVs of various characters so it was easy to reconnect with them and their different couple dynamics.

Please Andie M. Long keep Balls coming!

Excerpt:

“It’s this bloody play centre.” Dylan takes a large swig of beer. “I’m fully aware it’s her business and if it goes ‘tits up’ as she keeps telling me, she’d lose all her savings, but she’s never at home. It’s ridiculous. I work full-time and I’m having to come home and cook. She comes in late, eats, and is so tired she then goes to bed and is out like a light, until our alarm goes off and she repeats it all again. We barely speak, barely see each other. Since the engagement party she’s made no inroads into sorting out our wedding. I’m thinking we should forget the whole thing. She’s obviously not interested.”

“Have you tried to tell her?”

We look at each other and burst into laughter.

“As if we tell women anything. We like our bollocks right?” I state. Then I tilt my head at him, “Seriously though. It is time for the talk.”

“Oh God, no. Anything but the talk.”

The talk. The thing that makes a man quake in his boots. When he needs to say something important to a woman and he needs to be listened to. The one that goes something like this.
Man: Darling (always start with an endearment to sweeten them up).

Woman: Yes?

Man: It’s just a small thing but could you possibly fold my socks up rather than leave them in a pile as sometimes one falls behind the sofa and I end up with lots of odd socks.

Woman: Fine.

Man: Fuck, that was easier than I thought. (Goes to sit down.) Thirty minutes later: Hit by balls of socks to the head with a ‘will that do fuckhead?’

“Rather you than me mate.”


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Meant For Stone by Natasha Madison

The Highgate Cemetery Murder by Irina Shapiro

The Tomboy And The Captain by Ginger Scott